If you are anything like me, your screen time is overshadowed with the incredible rabbithole that is Tiktok. Amongst the silly videos, trick shots, and music is what I deem to be the most sacred side of the app: Booktok. Booktok has grown to host your favorite authors, writers to look out for, and the most personally- tailored of recommendations. With much fun research, I have found a few more readers, authors, and even a new bookstore to follow on Tiktok!
@Sorryimalwaysbooked aka Tania is a digital creator and host of the Empire State Book Club. She prides herself on curating a space for honest reviews and diverse books! Her Tiktok page is chock full of monthly book lists, recommendations, and hauls.
- Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon
- Nothing Burns as Bright as You by Ashley Woodfolk
- Confessions of an Alleged Good Girl by Joya Goffney
@Pagepowars is an author who uses Tiktok to share funny stories about the writing to publishing process. Page’s account also covers encounters with Yoshihisa Hirano, the best coffee orders, and a hilarious storytime about a book dedication that Page’s boss did not approve of.
- The Borrow a Boyfriend Club by Page Powers
- And They Were Roommates by Page Powers
- Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu
@Jennajustreads aka Jenna’s account can be perfectly described by her bio, “I just read, apparently”. Not only does she read, but she expertly creates recommendations for her audience based on unique categories such as: books with insane plot twists, books to read based off of your favorite tv show, and books with pretty covers.
- They Both Die in the End by Adam Silvera
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
@Bettiespages is an Indie Bookstore in Lowell, Michigan that dominates Booktok. Their account specifically focuses on bringing awareness to and educating the public about banned books. They also discuss favorite books, updates on their store, and challenges such as #challengeyourshelf.
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
@Thechloegong is a #1 New York Times bestseller and author. Chloe’s account mirrors her love of writing. She uses Tiktok to add historical, artistic, and emotional context and supplementary materials to her books, in a way that readers have never seen before.
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
- Foul Lady Fortune by Chloe Gong
- Immortal Longings by Chloe Gong
We hope you enjoy checking out these creators and their recommendations! Feel free to follow our Tiktok @VoyageYA for more.
Happy scrolling, and happy reading!